Banking service in new format
Due to tighter restrictions on public gatherings and to slow the spread of Covid-19, customers will only be able to receive personal service in branches if the matter is very urgent and cannot be resolved using other channels, i.e. digital self-service or a call to the Customer Service Centre. Appointments for service must be pre-arranged. These changes enter into effect on Tuesday, 24 March 2020, and will remain in place until the restrictions on gatherings are lifted.
These changes also apply to Landsbankinn’s Corporate Banking Service Centre and services out of Vehicle & Equipment Financing in Borgartún 33, Reykjavík.
Facilities vary greatly from branch to branch and by limiting visits to branches, the Bank can better comply with the restrictions on gatherings set in place to ensure the safety of both customers and employees. These changes will also free more employees to answer queries that are called in, emailed or communicated via online messenger.
Request phone call
We encourage customers to only request physical service at a branch if the matter is urgent and cannot be resolved through other channels, such as any of the Bank's many digital service solutions, Landsbankinn’s app, online banking or by calling the Customer Service Centre, by email or online chat on landsbankinn.is.
If the matter cannot be resolved through any of these channels, customers can request a phone consultation with an expert. Such consultations can be booked through the Bank’s website, by contacting the Customer Service Centre or through online chat. Service will only be provided physically at a branch by previous appointment.
Banking service in new format
- Customers can tend to almost all banking business using Landsbankinn’s app, online banking or the Bank’s website.
- Landsbankinn operates ATMs in various locations throughout Iceland and most of them are accessible around the clock. The location of and distance to the nearest ATM is available in Landsbankinn’s app.
- Information and assistance to tend to general banking business is available from Landsbankinn’s Customer Service Centre, tel. +354 410 4000, online messenger and by email to email@example.com.
- The opening hours of the Customer Service Centre will be extended and the changes will become effective soon.
- Information about corporate banking service is available on the Bank's website.
- Services will only be provided out of branches if the matter is urgent and cannot be resolved through other channels. Such service will also only be provided by previous appointment.
- Appointments can only be made once a consultant has determined that a branch visit is necessary.
- Customers can request a call from a consultant on the Bank’s website, through online messenger or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Front-line employees will handle service, respond to queries and provide assistance via phone and email. Phone numbers for branches throughout Iceland are listed on the Bank’s website.
- We encourage customers who are not used to utilising digital solutions to contact the Bank for assistance and instruction by calling +354 410 4000 or emailing email@example.com.
Lilja Björk Einarsdóttir, CEO of Landsbankinn: : “By limiting service out of our branches temporarily, we reduce the risk of spreading Covid-19 and contribute to the safety of both customers and employees. At the same time, our employees are freed up to answer customer requests for information, solutions and assistance. We intend to support our customers all around Iceland throughout this situation. The vast majority of matters can be resolved electronically, through the phone or email. We will find solutions together.”
Mobile and Internet banking